What is this service?
It is our vision that all clinical and translational research conducted at the University of Michigan benefit from focused collaboration with biostatistics throughout the life cycle of each research project. The MICHR Biostatistics group provides expertise in:
- Research design, including sampling methods, sample size consideration, power calculation, and data analysis plans
- Randomization scheme development and implementation
- Statistical analysis and data summarization planning and execution
- Case report form and database review and assessment
- Data quality assessment
- Data Safety Monitoring Plan and data reporting
We apply our expertise through:
- Consulting, review, and mentoring
- Being a statistician on the study team
- Being a statistical analyst on the study team
- Being an independent statistician for clinical trials
Who can use this service?
These services are available to all study teams.
When should I contact MICHR about this service?
We encourage study teams to contact us early in the development of the project. We support studies during grant proposal development, protocol development, study implementation and manuscript preparation.
How much does this service cost?
Pre-award collaboration is free of charge. Post-award collaboration is compensated through an hourly recharge or grant effort support.