What is the service?
MICHR provides personalized support and advice for your grant proposals or research ideas. Our free one-hour in-person consultations can help you improve your research and funding success and are available to any researcher at the University of Michigan.
We can help with:
• Clarify your research question and specific aims
• Identify appropriate methodologies
• Address reviewer comments
• Select analyses methods appropriate to the research aims
• Calculate your sample size and/or power
• Evaluate the validity of your study and common pitfalls
Funding & connections
• Match your research ideas with funding sources
• Connect you with potential collaborators, mentors, or resources
• Navigate the university research terrain
Clinical trial protocols
• Determine relevant clinical trial design and assess feasibility
• Help develop a protocol that is scientifically and statistically sound
Consultations are customized to include appropriate MICHR faculty and grant experts based on investigator needs and area of research.
Preparing for your Consultation
You will need to submit any new or updated materials at least one week before your scheduled meeting, allowing time for the consultation team to review materials prior to your consult. Come to the meeting ready to share a five-minute synopsis of your research project. It is not necessary to prepare a formal presentation.
Who can use this service?
Any researcher at the University of Michigan can use this service.
At what stage in my research should I contact MICHR about this service?
We recommend that investigators interested in a pre-award consultation contact MICHR at least two months before a grant deadline.
How much does this service cost?
This service is free.
If you have any questions about MICHR's consultation, please contact us at email@example.com.