Are you a member of a study team (faculty or staff) who does research on health or medicine?
Do you work for an office that provides support to researchers across different departments?
If so, consider applying to serve on the Study Team Workforce Development Working Group (the Working Group) to share your knowledge, experience, and skills related to study team training and education at the University of Michigan. The group is organized by the Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research (MICHR).
Members of the Working Group should support a competency-based approach to education and training. Expectations include:
- Reading and agreeing to the Working Group operational guidelines
- Participation in two 1.5 hour in-person meetings per year where members will share knowledge and experience as a member of a research study team or research support office
- Active participation in additional group tasks (beyond the two full-group meetings) which may involve e-mail, sub-group meetings, and/or independent work.
We are seeking representatives from the following three groups:
1. Michigan Medicine: Study team members who are hired through departments in Michigan Medicine. This should include a mix of departments and a mix of research types. While a mix of roles is ideal, preference will be given for study coordinators, project managers, or early career faculty.
2. Other university research departments: Study team members who are hired through departments external to Michigan Medicine. This should include a mix of departments and a mix of research types. While a mix of roles is ideal, preference will be given for study coordinators, project managers, or early career faculty.
3. Research support offices: Members who have a full time role in a research support office. This should include a mix of offices in Michigan Medicine and across the Ann Arbor campus.
Who: Study team members from any department, who work on health or medicine related research; or employees of offices that support researchers across departments
What: Apply to serve for a one-year term on the Working Group
When: Deadline to apply is September 10, 2018. You will be notified of application status by the end of September for the term beginning in October.
Why: To inform the development and delivery of education and training initiatives for research study team members.
How: Click here to complete a very brief application.
Read the Working Group Operational Guidelines for further information.